GigMAC PMC-Dual, Model 5162
Please see our Gigabit Ethernet Driver page
for more information on our drivers for this controller.
- Highly efficient bus-master DMA engine design and advanced CPU-offload features
- New ultra-low power transceiver consumes 1 watt per port
- Simultaneous, fully independent operation on both ports
- New fully shielded low-profile recessed RJ-45(s)
- Low cost, low power, highly integrated solution
- High performance, wire speed transmissions
- Industry standard CompactPCI PMC interface
- Bus master DMA over 64-bit, 66MHZ PCI
- Small form factor PMC mezzanine card
- Onboard RJ-45 connectors and 4 LEDS per port
- VxWorks and Linux driver support
- Optional driver support for link aggregation, load balancing,
fail over and fall-back
DSS Network's GigMAC PMC Model 5162 is a dual-port high performance gigabit ethernet controller card for embedded
applications in broadband telecommunication and data communications networks. It provides two fully independent 1000 Base T gigabit
ethernet ports over CAT5 cabling and is fully IEEE 802.3 compliant.
It uses an advanced 4th generation, high-performance, low power gigabit ethernet chipset from National Semiconductor including
new ultra low power gigabit transceivers. It provides an onboard intelligent DMA engine and supports wire-speed bus-master DMA operations utilizing maximum PCI bandwidth. Its 64-bit PMC card design makes it a drop-in interface in both CompactPCI and embedded mezzanine controller environments.
The GigMAC PMC Model 5162 is an ideal solution for today's converged, bandwidth intensive, multi-protocol networks.
Applications include switches, edge routers, media gateways, broadcast transmission, digital video and audio, streaming media, internet voice,
network security and monitoring, storage area networks and digital imaging products.
This product is available with an OEM Developer Kit containing VxWorks (5.4/5.5), Linux (2.4/2.6) and Windows (2000, XP) device drivers, sample code, utilities, release notes, user manuals, integration guide and datasheets.
- High performance near "wire speed",
484 Mbytes/sec (3.8 Gb) sustained raw throughput over 64/66 PCI (including driver)
- Up to 1,000,000 frames per second maximum transfer rate
- IEEE 1386 64-Bit Compact PCI PMC Mezzanine Card
- VxWorks and Linux driver support
- Tested in both CompactPCI and Embedded Mezzanine environments
- Supports 10/100/1000 auto negotiation
- Fully compliant to IEEE 802.3 and 803.ab copper specifications
- Low power, 1.8 and 3.3 volt design
- 4 LEDS per port - Link/1000, Transmit, Receive and Duplex
- Integrated onboard magnetics
- Fully shielded CAT5 RJ-45 Connectors and Aluminum Front Panel
- Utilizes existing CAT5 and CAT5e cabling for increased investment protection
- PCI Rev 2.2 Compliant
- 33/66 MHZ - 32/64 bit PCI bus interface
- 4th Generation Chipset from National Semiconductor
- Highly integrated, low chip count
- High-performance 64-bit, 66MHZ PCI bus master
- Big or Little Endian
- Uses J11, J12 and J13 PMC Connectors
- Extended status and statistics
- Drop-in modular solution
- FCC Verified
- Available with OEM Developer Kit
At the RTECC Show in Washington DC, DSS Networks Announced a New Family of 3U Compact PCI Network Cards to Address New Market Demands.
DSS Networks Today Announced a New Reduced Cost 12-Port PICMG 2.16 Compliant Gigabit Ethernet Backplane Switch Fabric Card Targeted at High Volume OEMS.
DSS Networks today announced the innovative evolution of it's Model 6468 as an intelligent quad port Gigabit Ethernet server adapter with an onboard level 2 switch providing an independent bypass feature.
DSS Networks today announced a dual port Gigabit Ethernet PMC with SC-type transceivers supporting multiple fiber transceiver wavelength options and ruggedized features for MIL-AERO.
DSS Networks Today Announced a Next-Gen RoHS Compliant PCI-X Based Quad Port Gigabit Ethernet PMC for Telecom, Mil-Aero and Industrial Apps.
DSS Networks Today Announced Entry into the ATCA, MicroTCA and AdvancedMC Product Market with a New Family of AdvancedMC Cards.
DSS Networks today announced another highly differentiated extreme performance Network Product -- a new dual port Gigabit Ethernet PMC Controller with pluggable SFP transceivers supporting both fiber and copper.
DSS Networks today announced another highly differentiated extreme performance Network Product -- a multi-port Processor PMC Gigabit Ethernet Network Processor Engine.
DSS Networks today announced first to market extreme performance PCI-Express Switch/Interface product.
DSS and Wind River are teaming up together to bring you advanced embedded broadband networking solutions.
DSS Networks is a member of the PICMG association